Subject: Re: Writing plug-ins

Re: Writing plug-ins

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: 2005-01-12

No, there never was a fork - (iirc) the thread on this was "there is no
fork" - a suitable Matrix pun :)

I fail to see how "PD" can be "GPL compatable", as it (relevantly) does not
require the code to move, which is the core restraint on GPL that offends
_my_ moral stance of "freedom for all."

My code will never reach the "main branch" because (for several reason
which I outlined in a three hour interview with Linus) I use an online
"alias"*. It is now decreed that anybody who even looks at code written by
me is "tainted" and therefore NOT allowed to submit code to Rockbox -
although, since passing this new (by)law, the core devs have both viewed,
used, helped with, included and commented on specific aspects of my code -
so if you're gonna take it seriously, the core dev's are all tainted and
banned from the project - LOL

Even if I had the time and/or patience to fork, my code would still get
infected such that certain people could not use my code.

BC

*I actually agreed to lodge my private details with the core devs if they
agreed not to disclose them (excluding legal suppoena); Bjorn alone refused
this offer ...Even GCHQ would have been okay with that! LOL