Subject: Re: Playback channel configuration in rockbox - suggestions & survey

Re: Playback channel configuration in rockbox - suggestions & survey

From: Michael T. Kupietz, wearing a pointy hat <reginald_at_kupietz.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:11:16 -0800

I'm with Björn. Rockbox already has places where a setting is a combination
of an "on/off" parameter and an "amount" parameter, like the Loudness. So
what he describes below is not too far off from the UI that is already
familiar.

Incidentally, I use the wide stereo setting *all the time* as for some
reason I always found my particular headphones too "narrow" sounding. I do
agree with the original poster's comment that the current wide stereo
setting is a bit *too* wide... try listening in wide stereo to an album
with the vocals panned dead center, such as David Bowie's "Aladdin Sane",
and watch in amazement as the vocals submerge to near-inaudibility. So I'll
welcome the graduated setting.

(Incidentally, off-topic trivia, but iTunes' "Sound Enhancer" feature ruins
Aladdin Sane also.)

At 12:23 PM +0100 1/11/05, Remo Hofer wrote:
>So you could add the Karaoke mode at the far end of your stereo width
>setting, and let the "center" channel be continuasly vanishing.

I like this! Instead of the "Karaoke" option (or maybe in addition to it)
have the "stereo amount" control have an "infinity" setting beyond the
"255" ... IE the available values are 0,1,2,3,4,5...251,252,253,254,255,
Infinity.

Mike

--
<!--// Mike Kupietz has been deprecated. Please address future emails to
someone else. -->