Subject: Re: development questions

Re: development questions

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 02:49:09 -0500

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:45:10 -0500, Ray Lambert
<listlizard_at_interthingy.net> wrote:

>The second question is about icons on char-mapped displays. (I have
>added an A-B Repeat status bar icon for the bitmapped display.) From
>reading the source code, it appears that it may be possible to define a
>custom icon for the char-mapped screens (perhaps using a font only?),
>but I couldn't determine how it is done. I also don't have a player
>device so I can't even use trial and error. Is this actually possible
>and if so how is it done?
>
>Next, I was wondering if some folks with non-recorder devices could
>suggest key pairs that could be used for the Set A Marker and Set B
>Marker functions. I won't be able to test them but I could at least put
>something in the patch that has a chance of working on those devices.

Great going there, Ray.

I have a Studio player that I'll loan you if you like. I'll even pay the
shipping.

All I ask for is one little change to the code just for me. It could be a
custom patch or you could add a switch to the config file to turn it on
and off.

I want a single key keyboard lock function like the original Archos
software had. I want to be able to lock and unlock the keyboard with one
hand. A long, say, 3 second push of the ON key would seem about right but
I don't really care about.

Thanks,
John

---