Subject: Re: ot: cd database

Re: ot: cd database

From: Frederik Möllers <>
Date: 2005-01-15

Hi Simon

Winamp supports CDDB, as long as it really plays a CD, so it doesn't support
CDDB for MP3s on your computer. You can also manually search the CDDB at
Or you can download MusicMatch Jukebox, it supports CDDB for CDs and MP3s,
but it isn't really free... You can, however (it worked on some older
versions) enter any random serial for registration and it provisorally
upgrades to Plus, so you can use the CDDB and after a day, when it realizes
that the serial isn't valid, it changes back to basic...I don't think that's
illegal ;)

> hi,
> another off topic :-).
> I have a question:
> Does anyone know a free cd database with cddb support?
> I have many many audio cds here and i want to get an overview again
> on my cds.
> does anyone know something?
> I have the following OSs: Windows XP, Linux (text console)
> bye and thanks,
> simon

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail