Subject: Re: First experience of iRiver H-140

Re: First experience of iRiver H-140

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:22:05 +0000

Hey Christian,

Thanks for the link, but it is not quite what I am after. The "block
adaptors" are fairly easy to find, but they suffer with two main problems
...firstly they are quite big and bulky and don't really fit in the carry case
...secondly I have tried to stop using this type of adaptor wherever
possible, as I have seen so much kit destroyed over the last X years
because of "block adpators" ...should the cable get tugged, these adaptors
move the point of force away from the socket's solder joints by quite a
distance, and the energey exerted on the socket increases accordingly.

By using the type of adaptor with a socket/plug on each end and a bit of
wire in the middle, you get a smaller, less forceful device.

If I sound a little paranoid it is because I love my Archos, and it is
(until Rockbox is ported) irreplacable.

Thanks again, and if you also find a "bit of wire adaptor" I'd love to know
of that too :)

BC