Subject: Re: First experience of iRiver H-140

Re: First experience of iRiver H-140

From: Christian Marg <>
Date: 2005-01-16

BlueChip wrote:
> Hey Christian,
> ...secondly I have tried to stop using this type of adaptor wherever
> possible, as I have seen so much kit destroyed over the last X years
> because of "block adpators" ...should the cable get tugged, these
> adaptors move the point of force away from the socket's solder joints
> by quite a distance, and the energey exerted on the socket increases
> accordingly.

Ah! Thats a valid point...

> By using the type of adaptor with a socket/plug on each end and a bit
> of wire in the middle, you get a smaller, less forceful device.
> Thanks again, and if you also find a "bit of wire adaptor" I'd love
> to know of that too :)

Hmm... Perhaps can help. I found out that if you search
some of the weirdest things you can imagine - look there first. If they
have it, it exists... Then look elsewhere for a better price ;)
At least they feature (afaik) toll free "Call a Tech" and a "Custom
Cable service".

Otherwise you'd have to build one yourself... Find something like
UR2-1001B-12 on and put an
USB-A-Plug to it (like and

PS: Perhaps you'll want to check out the Block-Converters with a piece
of USB extension leading to your Jukebox?