Subject: Re: Rockbox 2.4 (How To Flash)

Re: Rockbox 2.4 (How To Flash)

From: Manuel Dejonghe <>
Date: 2005-01-18

Hi Eddie,

just extract the complete zip-archive to your unit, unplug it from
usb, start it.
After it started, go to the root within the file browser, find the
ajbrec.ajz -file and "play" it. You may need to switch the file
browser to show you "all" files. (F2, ->then down).
It will then Rolo into the 2.4 version. This way you can try out the
new version for example. A switching off of the player would
automatically revert to 2.3, as you did not yet touch the flash.
Now, go for the file rombox.ucl. I dunno by hard where it is located,
it may be root, it may be the .rockbox-directory. (If there is one in
both, it's highly presumeable that one of both is an older relict. In
this case, reconnect your box to your pc, delete BOTH files and
reextract the zip-archive. Then, restart the procedure).
With that rombox.ucl, you proceed by "playing" it again. You will then
be able to follow a few steps as instructed on the screen, beginning
with a warning, check, the flashing itself after pressing F2, and a
The next bootup starts 2.4 out of flash.