Subject: Re: recording beeps with Rockbox or have I dreamed?

Re: recording beeps with Rockbox or have I dreamed?

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2005-01-19

> I think I saw on the Rockbox page someone (Jörg?) who added a feature for
> speech user, so that Rockbox would produce a bip when entring / exiting
> recording mode.

Some call it a beep, some call it a fart...
It is a sound when the recording actually starts. More brief if resuming
after a recording pause, to distinguish.

> Is it enabled by default?

Yes, because the voice UI is enabled by default, too (with the actual voice
usually inactive since no voice file present). If you're annoyed by it,
switch off the voice menus.

> I have no bips on my JBR / FMR with the latest dayly build.

You should. The sound level depends on the lever you're recording. It is
pretty faint if there's silence around you, louder if there is some level.
On the other hand, it may go unnoticed if the signal is very loud, haven't
tested.

> Is this something that have to be added to the voice file?
> I see no new entry about it in the lastest english.lang file.

True, because this sound is generated completely different and cumbersome.
We can't play a clip in recording mode.

Jörg

--
GMX im TV ... Die Gedanken sind frei ... Schon gesehen?
Jetzt Spot online ansehen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/tv-spot