Subject: Re: ID3 database

Re: ID3 database

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2005-01-19

joerch.net@web.de wrote:
> But what should we do with this rockbox.id3db? Is the database browsing
> already enabled in the daily builds?

Yes it is. The .id3db file should be stored in the /.rockbox directory. Then you change the "Show Files" setting to "ID3 database".

This and more is explained on this wiki page:
  http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/TagDatabase

The code in todays daily build only allows you do browse the artists->albums->song branch of the data tree (see wiki for full tree), while I have today added the albums->songs and songs branches which will thereby be available in tomorrow's daily build.

The browser has not been announced on this list yet because you currently cannot play music or create playlists from it. This will be added soon.

--
Björn