Subject: Battery problems??

Battery problems??

From: Dan Maloney <>
Date: 2005-01-21

I let my jukebox recorder (20GB) lose its charge by not using it for a long
time. When I went to recharge it, I left it overnight and found that in the
morning, it still said "not charging," so I figured the batteries must be
dead. I replaced them with others that were good and the same thing happened,
this time the screen flashed on & off saying the same message and I could hear
the hard disk trying to spin up so it could load Rockbox (I have the flashed
ROM - v. 2.3), and now it won't turn on, or charge. I was wondering if anyone
else has had these kind of problems, and if so, what they did to resolve
them. This is my second AJB (the first also died randomly) and as much as I'd
like to get a more reliable brand, I don't have another $250 to spend on one
of these things!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the