Subject: Gmini port update

Gmini port update

From: Jean-Philippe Bernardy <>
Date: 2005-01-26

Dear Rockbox Mailing List,

This is a report on the gmini port status, and an invitation to contribute.

* Toolchain

We now have a working toolchain for the gmini architecture
(CalmRISC16). This includes binutils, gcc, and a "home made" emulator.
While not perfect, we think the tools are ready for a wider audience
testing. (That is, someone else than the developers ;)

* Rockbox

We have the kernel, LCD for 100 series, buttons and HD working and
committed into the main branch. Lots remains to do... but nothing is
out of reach.

* Helping out

We think we have reached a state where more people can give a hand
without too much trouble. Things will not be straightforward, but
motivated people will surely be rewarded by the challege ;)

The brave souls will find a guide to install the development environnement here:

To spark your interest, a list of possible tasks to pick up can be found here: