Subject: Re: Tag database

Re: Tag database

From: Manuel Dejonghe <>
Date: 2005-02-02

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:04:24 +0000 (GMT), David Bleakley
<> wrote:
> Sorry I didn't explain myself well. To save you having to swap between the ID3 database view and the real folders view all the time. Have an option to display both at the same time.
> This could be under Show Files: Supported + ID3 d-base
> Showing
> []Artists
> []Albums
> []Songs
> []Audio Books
> []REM
> []Travis
> etc
> or
> []ID3 ->[]Artists ->[]Albums
> ->[]Songs
> []Audio Books
> []REM
> []Travis
> etc

The first one could be confusing as soon as you have real directories
on the drive named "Albums" or "Artists" and so on.
But the latter may be a nice thing for these devices not having F2
(Ondio), where it's a pain to go through the menu for a "quick" change
of the "Show Files" option.
A quick change is needed whenever you copied music to your device, but
did not yet update the tag-database.

P.S.: While I'm just thinking about: The could skip
directory names starting with a dot. I got a huuuge backup-directory
in R:\.backup that is usually hidden and does not contain any mp3 :-)