Subject: Overseas charger

Overseas charger

From: Rodrigo Gutierrez <>
Date: 2005-02-03

I am travelling to India for the next two months and would like to purchase a
power adapter that will work without having to get a converter. I have a JBR20
with 2 sets of NiMH batteries (2100 and 2400).
When I travelled to Southeast Asia last year, I took an adapter with the
following specifications:
Input: 100-240VAC 60/50Hz for US and international operation
Output: 9VDC
Current: 1500mA

I had adapter plugs for the different outlets but still had trouble with
charging. The player would typically only play a couple albums and then run
out of juice. As soon as I returned home and used the original power adapater,
the player worked as it is supposed to with hours of endless play.
So I think I need to by a new adapter and would like to know what are the
specifications that I should be looking for. I leave in a week and will most
likley just buy the adapter from Radio Shack or some store like it. Any
recommendations would be great.
Thanks for all your help.

war itself is a failure of reason