Subject: Re: Overseas charger

Re: Overseas charger

From: Jean Boullier <jean.boullier_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: 2005-02-03

The Multi-standard JB Studio & Recorder AC Adapter that Archos sells
for that purpose works very well for me in France and Canada. Its specs
are the following:
- Input: 100-240V 50-60 Hz 0.4A
- Output 12V 1.2A

I said where I have been happy with it because it looks close to yours
as far as output power is concerned (13.5W for yours, 14.4W for mine),
and since the normal adapters for JBRs have an output of 9V yours
should be OK. My feeling is that either the specs of yours are announced
but not achieved, or the power in the countries where you have used it
is not what it should be... I have seen recently a TV documentary on
the electrical network in Albany and I have discovered facts that one
cannot imagine when leaving in countries with a "normal" power
network!... 8-)

Cheers. Jean.

--
Jean Boullier - Rouen - Normandie - France