Subject: Re: Rockbox for the Gmini 400

Re: Rockbox for the Gmini 400

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: 2005-02-03

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Erik Buischi wrote:

> I have bought a Gmini 400 and i am willing to help create a firmware for
> this wonderful piece of hardware. However, I have no experience whatsoever
> in programming, yet, I could do beta tests, help track bugs and to promote
> the firmware. So guys, is this a viable project? I do believe that my
> Gmini400 will never work to its full potential without a little help from
> Rockbox.

>From what I understand, the Gmini 400 is a totally different beast than the
previous Gmini 1x0 and 2x0 ones. It has a CPU similar (or same as?) to the
Multimedia ones.

For some internal pics of the Gmini 400, try the site (can't
offer any direct links to the pics, they're terrible and I refuse to repeat
them here! ;-).

So possibly the linav project ( is closer to get
something to work on it.

Or you suck out all the info available everywhere, setup a cross compiler and
start porting/writing Rockbox. That requires quite some (embedded) programming
skills though.

  Daniel Stenberg -- --