Subject: Re: Idea for windows installer

Re: Idea for windows installer

From: Christi Alice Scarborough <christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:33:19 +0000

David Bleakley wrote:

> Voice clip creation
> ID3 Database creation
>
> Is this something I can develop?
> Or would you prefer to keep this seperate to the windows installer

Since it's quite conceivable you would want to run either of these tasks
at times other than when installing a daily build, I'd say that it's
best to keep them separate from the installer. (Putting them in the
installer would basically involve bundling separate executables anyway.)

A point and click "Jukebox companion" utility that did these sort of
things (and possibly other nifty Windows hacks mentioned here in the
past) would be quite useful in my opinion.

Christi