Subject: V2 hang up while shutting down....

V2 hang up while shutting down....

From: Carsten Tschach <>
Date: 2005-02-05

Hi Folks,

a new strange thing happens to me - after my V2 Battery died, I build an adapter
which will fit into th regular battery slot but gives me two wires to connect an
external powersupply.

Now I did connect a 4.2 Volt Power Supply to the device and everything works fine.

The only strange thing is, that if I press off, it says "Shutting Down..." and
the display will stay there forever. Pressing the ON won't do anything. The only
way to reactivate is to cut the power and connect it again.

This also happens when the unit is switched off by just
hung up...

Any ideas...which parts are doing the switching in the V2?

Thanks for any help....Carsten