Subject: Re: Recorder advice

Re: Recorder advice

From: Ronald Teune <>
Date: 2005-02-05

you should really buy the 20 GB version. Not only does it have double the
size, but also the 10 GB versions have usb1.1, and iirc have an
incompatible usb interface, meaning they need a special driver being
installed before use.
You could also keep an eye online market places, there are probably quite
a bit recorders for sale every now and then.
And in my opinion too, the recorder v1 is the best of the rockbox
supporting archos models. If you want FM you can buy the FM recorder, but
that one has a builtin (as in hard-to-replace) battery, in contrast to the
NiMH ones in v1 recorders. Jukebox studio's have fewer buttons, smaller
screen (not like you'd care), and worse sound. And of course, no recording.

I hope my sentences are a bit clear :-P

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:25:04 -0000, Graham Roby <>