Subject: Re: Playback problem w/ V2

Re: Playback problem w/ V2

From: Ed MacDaniel <deadword_at_comcast.net>
Date: 2005-02-05

Hi Ronald et al,

Not had much time lately to deal with it, but my problem with playback
continues when I have more than ~10 gigs on the HD. I added the daily
build but still problems. To reiterate, near the end of later added
songs, the hard drive spins up madly and then the sound cuts off and
then it starts the next track several seconds into it (after about 30
seconds or so of silence - except the the noise of the spinning hard
drive). I'd do the RAM hack but my soldering skills are not that great.
  So I've deleted several songs for the time being. Goodbye Tom Waits.
  Fare thee well Mike Scott. Tchuss Bono. Slan Chuck Prophet. At
least until the new HD arrives today or Monday. ;-) Hopefully, with
the increase in HD size all will be jim dandy.

Be seeing you,

-ed

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing
nearly everything, money is handy." Groucho Marx

Ronald Teune wrote:
> Well, if you can easily reproduce it, why not try some different
> versions, like 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, latest daily.
> Does the silence start after a fixed amount of time? And if you rewind
> back into the non-silent part, what happens?
>
> Ronald
>
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 07:46:02 -0800, Ed MacDaniel <deadword@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Howdy all,
>>
>> I have a problem that I hope you all can deal with my V2 Recorder.
>> I'm still using the original 20 gig HD that came with the unit.
>> Well, there's seems to be a limit to playing tracks beyond a certain
>> capacity.
<snip>