Subject: Over-charging!!!

Over-charging!!!

From: <CGH260247_at_aol.com>
Date: 2005-02-05

 have just come back from a 3 week holiday in South Africa and used my Archos
JBMM to backup over a 1 GB of digital photographs as well as provide great
music.

Unfortunately I accidently tried re-charging it with a 110V charger plugged
into the 240V power there. The charger quickly got very hot & I unplugged it
after a few seconds. The player still works fine except that it will no longer
charge. I expect that there is either a fuse link from the power input
socket or an unfortunate reverse-charging protection diode that acted as a fuse.

Does anyone know? Is this a DIY repair or a return to Archos?

Regards, colin