Subject: Re: Over-charging!!!

Re: Over-charging!!!

From: Frederik Möllers <frederik.moellers_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 21:46:24 +0100 (MET)

Hi colin,

I had almost the same problem as you have now, except that i tried to charge
the box with 9V instaed of 5V. My box didn't charge anymore, instead the
batteries were broken and other batteries lost their power instead of
gaining it. The charging circuit was broken. I returnmed it to Archos and
they "repaired" it for 60€ (about $70-$75).
They didn't actually repair it, but they sent me a completely new box... but
if you want to keep your files, I'm sure they can take out the old hard disk
to recover the data... but maybe it'll cost a bit more...

greetings
Frederik