Subject: Re: Over-charging!!!

Re: Over-charging!!!

From: Frederik Möllers <>
Date: 2005-02-05

Hi colin,

I had almost the same problem as you have now, except that i tried to charge
the box with 9V instaed of 5V. My box didn't charge anymore, instead the
batteries were broken and other batteries lost their power instead of
gaining it. The charging circuit was broken. I returnmed it to Archos and
they "repaired" it for 60€ (about $70-$75).
They didn't actually repair it, but they sent me a completely new box... but
if you want to keep your files, I'm sure they can take out the old hard disk
to recover the data... but maybe it'll cost a bit more...

> have just come back from a 3 week holiday in South Africa and used my
> Archos
> JBMM to backup over a 1 GB of digital photographs as well as provide great
> music.
> Unfortunately I accidently tried re-charging it with a 110V charger
> plugged
> into the 240V power there. The charger quickly got very hot & I unplugged
> it
> after a few seconds. The player still works fine except that it will no
> longer
> charge. I expect that there is either a fuse link from the power input
> socket or an unfortunate reverse-charging protection diode that acted as a
> fuse.
> Does anyone know? Is this a DIY repair or a return to Archos?
> Regards, colin

DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: