Subject: Re: Get Jukebox Recorder with Blue or Black bumpers?

Re: Get Jukebox Recorder with Blue or Black bumpers?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2005-02-05

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Carsten Tschach wrote:

> I found that people on eBay offer some models with blue bumbers and some
> with black. Which one are better? How can be sure that these models can be
> flashed?

I bought a black-bumper one that could not be flashed (until modified). There
are also blue-bumper ones that cannot be flashed.

I've read others with flashable black ones. I know many with blue bumpers that
could flash their players.

Unfortunately, it seems impossible to know flashable status unless they run
Rockbox and check.