Subject: Re: More aggressive Rockbox battery charging

Re: More aggressive Rockbox battery charging

From: Jerry Van Baren <vanbaren_at_cideas.com>
Date: 2005-02-07

On Saturday 05 February 2005 11:48 am, Jerry Van Baren wrote:
> Hi Matthais, Linus,
>
> I created a more aggressive Rockbox charging patch:

<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1116884&group_id=44306&atid=439120>

I updated the patch and the ajbrec.ajz file. I had a couple of "ifdef"s when
I really wanted "ifndef"s (oops), but the big change is increasing the
maximum top-off/trickle charge duty cycle to be 59/60 (was 24/60). I
strongly suspect this is the root of Matthias' problem.

Matthias is using a 9+v charger which, according to the FAQ, gives him about
140mA current into the Archos. The problem is, this is only slightly more
than is necessary just to run the AJR (and less than needed when the disk
spins up). With a limit of 40% duty cycle (24/60), his charger is falling
behind.

Matthias: please try the new load. I suspect the load from yesterday will NOT
work significantly better for you since it still is limited to a 40% duty
cycle. I'm hoping this new load will cure your charger blues :-).

Thanks,
gvb