Hi Jerry and all others,
# -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
# Von: email@example.com
# [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]Im Auftrag von Jerry Van Baren
# Gesendet: Montag, 7. Februar 2005 03:34
# An: email@example.com
# Betreff: Re: More aggressive Rockbox battery charging
# I updated the patch and the ajbrec.ajz file.
# Matthias: please try the new load.
The test is now completed.
CONGRATULATIONS - I guess that's it :-)))
Don't know the original english quotation, but it should be something like
"a short step for Jerry, but a big step for 'Rockbox-hood'...." ;-O))
Ok, here's what happened/what I did:
- V2.4 flashed
- your 2nd .ajz rolo'ed
- Deep Discharge = off
- Trickle Charge = on
- Battery cap. = 2000 (as the batteries are)
- Bat's previously with Archos FW charged "fully" until it displays
- Test started at 18:30
- Bat. symbol static at 100%
- Remaining time showed 10h25m
- at (more or less) 20:00 (I was not seeing it live time), bat. symbol
started to "run", rem. time still 10h25m
- then it run during the night playing always the same dir (boring job ;-))
- I found the JB this morning at 7:30 still playing
- it did NOT got stuck this time
- bat. symbol still running, rem. time was 6h25m
So this is nearly 12h of playing while charger is connected.
If you need some more information or any other kind of test I should do,
please let me know (at least this would be my way of contribution).
How it will go on ?
Will there be some more improvement, like Jörg purposed (?):
- "over thinking" the necessity of setup options "deep discharge" and
- immediately start charging after ON
- measuring input voltage
- estimation of input current
- adaption of duty cycle
- trickle charge for ever when deltaV fails
Is there a plan, when your patch will be available in the daily builds ?
Received on Tue Feb 8 18:47:54 2005