Subject: Re: AW: More aggressive Rockbox battery charging

Re: AW: More aggressive Rockbox battery charging

From: [IDC]Dragon <>
Date: 2005-02-09

> Jens Arnold strongly recommends that we not exceed 0.05C for the trickle
> charge rate (e.g. 75mA for 1500mAH batteries, 110mA for 2200mAH
> batteries).

You have to add the box' power consumption to that, in order to leave
something for the cells. ;-)
I guess you're aware of that, since you listed it so nicely below.

> Estimating current based on the voltages we can read remains TBD,
> although I'm fairly confident it can be done with sufficient accuracy
> (we don't need a whole lot of accuracy). I sent an email yesterday
> trying to understand what is read with ADC channel AN7 but nobody's
> answered it yet.

Trying it out with a lab supply and watching the port debug screen, it seems
I was wrong. AN7 just tells us if the external voltage is above a threshold,
about 6.0 V for my unit. It reads ~0 below and ~0x318 above. So it's good
only for detection.
Instead, AN1 does something useful, but only when charging, else it shows
0x3FF. My unit just stopped to do so, I can't investigate further atm
without writing a software hack. It seems to be related to the charger

DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: