Subject: RE: wanna buy a archos recorder

RE: wanna buy a archos recorder

From: <joerch.net_at_web.de>
Date: 2005-02-09

>>Can someone say me what recording quality the recorders have and
whats their price?

Hi Simon,

Archos.com sells out their last recorders 20 for 199 Eus. But don't expect too much recording quality. I use it for recording digital streams from cable radio. The quality is quite good (digital in) but you have a little audible noisefloor when the source is silent.

Line In recordings have much more noise floor and the internal mic is quite unusable (much harddisk noise).

Perhaps it's better to wait and buy an iriver H100 instead, it will (eventually) run rockbox some day.

Joerch