Subject: My Rockbox crashed!

My Rockbox crashed!

From: Mat Holton <>
Date: 2005-02-09

Hello all,

Just thought I'd mention this small problem, I don't have much information but here goes anyway:

I have a playlist with about 5 thousand tracks in, I play on shuffle, then switch off shuffle when I get to an album I like. Well, I was just listening to an album, most of it played fine until a certain track that ended with a squelch of noise (part of the track or the next track or something) then the drive light (Red LED) flashed wildly and the unit appeared to freeze up. I had to hold down the off button and it went off. This is the really annoying part, when I switched back on, as I have resume turned on (as this suits me fine) as soon as it came on, the problem was back again! The only way I could stop it, was to plug it into the USB port (whilst off), then unplug as this doesn't auto-resume, I could then play a new playlist.

Othere info:

My box: Archos Jukebox Fm Recorder
RB version: 050106-2111