Subject: Re: My Rockbox crashed!

Re: My Rockbox crashed!

From: Ed MacDaniel <deadword_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 14:00:48 -0800

I have something similar happening with my V2. Don't always get the
squelch though. The hard drive light comes on and the HD spins madly,
the sounds cuts off (but the track counter keeps going), then the sound
kicks back in partway into the next track. I found that before a
certain percentage of the HD is filled, everything is fine. But after
about 10 gigs transfered to it, the problem starts occurring on the
tracks added later. The tracks added earlier before the 10 gig mark
play fine. HD problems? RAM problems? I'm using the Feb 5, 2005 build
(but it happened using earlier versions as well).

I just got a new 100G HD to put into the V2 so hopefully I won't have
the problem anymore (assuming it's a capacity problem). I'll try to
defrag the drive to see if that rectifies things.

In the meantime, back to the couch. Mild flu season my ass! ;-)

Be seeing you,

-ed

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing
nearly everything, money is handy." Groucho Marx