Subject: Rockbox with speech

Rockbox with speech

From: Graham Roby <g.roby_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: 2005-02-13

Hi,

Wonder if someone can help.

I've downloaded Rockbox 2.4 for my 20 recorder. I also installed the British speech file in to the lang folder within the .rockbox folder as instructed.

I've got speech to work with the settings menus okay.

I've also outputted the pdf rockbox manual via Kurzweil recognition.

What I want to know can you just scroll through yor music folders/files and how do you do this. Will the speech say the folder names? files within aren't so critical. I don't want to create a playlist which is the only thing I come across that remotely relates to playing. I have the three factory mp3's on the recorder along with two albums that I created.

Also what do function buttons 2 and 3 do. I can't seem to see this within the manual unless in the recognition to text process it hasn't recognized the text properly.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Graham