Subject: Re: 2 patch questions

Re: 2 patch questions

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: 2005-02-13

>Hi, listers,
>
>On the patches page of the rockbox web site, one of the column headings is
>"prio". Am I correct in guessing that that means "priority", and what does
>5 mean under this heading?

Nothing really. Occasionally something get put on high priority, but it is
of little meaning - as those who need to know, know anyway. Patch
inclusion is dictated far more by this newsgroup and the irc
channel. Unless you plan to be a "core dev" (as in core of programmers,
not core of the OS) just ignore it ;)

>Also, how do you determine which patch is for which Archos player? It was
>very spedcific when downloading the .zip file for which player, but there is
>nothing that mentions which patch is for which firmware installed.

Generally, each patch will say, if relevant.
Remember that there is ONE source code which spews out ALL firmwares
(pending your "configure" options) so something like "language file
synched" is for all units ..."mp3 decoder added" is not relevant for
recorders with a hardware-MP3-decoder ..."new simulator options" will not
be for any unit, but for the PC-Simulator.

>Thanks

You're welcome ;)

BC