Subject: OT synthetic speech

OT synthetic speech

From: Glenn at home <>
Date: 2005-02-15

In case any of you folks whom use your eyes for the computer are wondering
what we who don't, use for our computers, you might be interested, or not,
to know what we generally use.
We use mostly one of two major products:
JFW (Jaws For Windows)
and "WindowEyes" from GWmicro
Most of us crank up the rate after a short time of using it, so the default
speech is not exactly what it is like.
But you can download demos of these programs if you are interested.
I think the experience may help you to know why we are used to having
computer-related feedback, and why we appreciate the efforts done with
Also, you may be shocked at the price we must pay for these products, hence,
another thing to appreciate about Rockbox.