Subject: Re: More Responsive Track Switching

Re: More Responsive Track Switching

From: Ronald Teune <>
Date: 2005-02-16

Lame has a --nogaps option IIRC, perhaps that'll help. I'm not annoyed by
the microsecond gaps, though, so never tried. I also recall that the
nogaps option caused some trouble... *searches e-mails

I have seen that Rockbox have problem buffering with some MP3's.
Specifically, MP3's encoded in VBR with the Lame encoder and the No gap
option active.
The play back stops for about a half second every two minutes, actually
when the hard drive spin down.

vbrfix was the solution here.