Subject: Re: Gapless Playback

Re: Gapless Playback

From: Johan Vromans <>
Date: 2005-02-18

"Andreas Stemmer" <> writes:

Good story, although I thought the technical background is slightly
different (something with overflow status that gets carried from mp3
frame to mp3 frame.)

A remark to add: If you (like me) have the habit of running mp3gain on
your mp3s (to get a more or less consistent volume) be aware that
mp3gain adds a small trailer (APEv2 tag) to each mp3 to register the
gain settings and undo information. This trailer causes a small (but
audible) gap during playback.

Rockbox should be able to skip this tag, but there seems to be a bug
somewhere that I haven't been able to find yet.

-- Johan