Subject: Re: Gapless Playback

Re: Gapless Playback

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:04:52 +0100

Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se> writes:

> Not a bug, Rockbox doesn't look for the tag, and thus, doesn't know
> that it should be skipped.

Oops, should have been more explicit: I made a patch to skip the APE
tags, and that still contains a bug.

> I wrote a patch that added APE tag support, and with that one, APE
> tags are skipped.

I seem to recall that I tried this some time ago, but I could not get
it to compile due to some non-trivial changes in the buffering code.
That's when I started to write my own patch.

Have you updated this patch for recent versions of Rockbox?
Is it still in the patch tracker?

> And you can tell MP3Gain to not add any APE tags. It disables the
> undo function though...

... which I'd very much like to keep ...

-- Johan