Subject: Re: Gapless Playback

Re: Gapless Playback

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
Date: 2005-02-21

BlueChip <cs_bluechip@webtribe.net> writes:

> As for undo, I can think of a few obscure reasons - but they are
> obscure and I just wanted to cover my bases. I suppose there's
> nothing to stop me knocking up little util to suck it out and dump it
> as "myMp3File.ape" should the need ever arise - is your util online?

Well, it's part of a bigger package of tools but should be easily
adapted to be used independently. Are you familiar with Perl?

As for the undo utility, I'll write it as soon as I see the need to
undo the gain changes. As said, haven't reached that point yet.

> Is there any particular reason (which I may have previously missed)
> to _not_ include APE-skipping code?

No, not at all. This is what I implemented (well, tried to) and found
out that it did not work. Then I found out I could not debug this
piece of code using the simulator, so I put that project on hold.

-- Johan