Subject: Re: AW: AW: AW: Update to the AJRv1 recharging

Re: AW: AW: AW: Update to the AJRv1 recharging

From: Jerry Van Baren <>
Date: 2005-02-21

Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> Hi Jerry,

> # As I understand it, you run your AJR in your car with several on/off
> cycles.
> Yes, but that wasn't the situation with problems.
> If you remember, the old algo always tries to re-charge after a boot.
> That seems to keep my JB alive if I drive around for only 1h and then switch
> it off/on.
> The problem was, while driving for long time (>4h) w/o switching the JB off.
> Then the algo was remaining in a "non-charging" situation and the batteries
> were sucked.
> I'll try that second situation with your SW.
> Regards
> Matthias

Hi Matthias,

I'm very confident that your second situation will work fine now, but
running a test will show for sure.

If you are in Situation #1, I'm also interested in that to verify that
it is charging properly. I would expect the load I provided will go
into "top-off" mode for Situation #1 (assuming your batteries are above

Please double-check that you have "deep discharge" OFF and "trickle
charge" ON.