Subject: recording problems on an original v1

recording problems on an original v1

From: John covici <>
Date: 2005-02-22

Hi. I am havinga couple of problems recording on my original v1 using
rocko software as of about 5 days ago.

First of all, the beep to indicate recording is in thefle -- anyway to
prevent this from happening?

Second of all, a lot of files when recorded, can't be vbrfixed, it
goes into some kind of a loop and I have to rebot the archos -- if I
try vbrfixc under Linux, it says something aout sample rate has
changed in the file -- the only thing which I have been able to do is
use Winamp to decode it into a wav. Once I do this, the levels are
well below the clipping point.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Your life is like a penny -- how are you going to spend it?
         John Covici