Subject: Re: the ALDI rockbox?

Re: the ALDI rockbox?

From: Vladimir Pantelic <pan_at_nt.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:49:11 +0100

BlueChip wrote:

> BC: <big explanation>
>
> VP: OK, so you don't know how it is done
>
> I'm lost. I've analysed __loads__ of code in that sort of way over the
> last 20 years - I can assure you it is a very workable strategy - they
> may well be dozens of other strategies also, I gusees that one is just
> the way _my_ brain works.

No, this is fine. I know that you can change the pitch (and speed) of the
MAS by changing the crystal frequency setting in the MAS.

But what the M3PO does is not simple pitch shift, the pitch stays the
same while the speed changes. The M3PO offers a speed setting between
0.25x to 20x, this extreme range cannot by achieved by tweaking the crystal
frequency. (as said, you can "use" the range between 90% and 110%, everything else
does not sound very nice)

Regards,

Vladimir