Subject: Re: Update to the AJRv1 recharging

Re: Update to the AJRv1 recharging

From: Jerry Van Baren <gerald.vanbaren_at_smiths-aerospace.com>
Date: 2005-02-23

Jerry Van Baren wrote:
> I've updated the AJRv1 charging patch page
> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1116884&group_id=44306&atid=439120>
>
> I uploaded an updated patch file. I'm still having problems with the
> size of some non-AJRv1 builds and have not had time to chase this much
> (mpeg.o is hugely larger in the one instance I was looking at).
>
> I also uploaded a test build for Matthias (and/or others) to run with
> his ~9v charger. I'm interested in how it behaves in your normal
> routine and your "bad" scenario (4 hours continuous with the charger
> plugged in). I expect it to work fine, but I'm interested in what the
> "trickle_sec" (% on time) looks like.
>
> I'm also interested in seeing a full recharge (i.e. batteries below 85%)
> with the ~9v charger.
>
> Thanks,
> gvb

An update: In the software I attempt to close the powermgmt.csv file
when USB is plugged in, but I'm not sure it is successful. I ran a
recharge test overnight and ended up with a zero length file :-(.

If you are running a test for me, get the file off the AJR by
1) Power your AJR off (which will close the file)
2) Power it back on
3) Plug in the USB right away (I don't open the powermgmt.csv file for
one minute after power up).

This magic has worked for me previously.

Thanks,
gvb