Subject: Re: AJR v1 battery recharging patch

Re: AJR v1 battery recharging patch

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2005-03-01

Thanks Jerry,

I've downloaded your patch, it applies flawless. Will compile and just use
it, let's see. I've only briefly looked into the code, powermgmnt.c is still
a mess. ;-)

Somehow I've hoped we can get away with something a lot more simple.

For the option clutter, I think we can remove the trickle charge (making
this always on), and perhaps the deep discharge (always off).

Are you starting with charging always? In the past, it's been a problem of
not doing so on flat cells, causing the unit to die again right after
powerup.

Any other developer opinions on if and how to bring this patch in? I'm in
favour of "in dubio pro patch", bring it in, solve problems in the field, if
any. Otherwise patches tend to age and get foul, err, don't apply cleanly
any more.

Jörg

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail