Subject: Re: Re:Re: Open source CD Burn SW

Re: Re:Re: Open source CD Burn SW

From: Joel Wiramu Pauling <>
Date: 2005-03-02

cdrecord has a nice windows frontend called cdrfe... do a google search.

The windows version of cdrecord does not support dvd's, however there
are patched version (from suse and others) which are unofficial cdrecord
patches which add dvd burning functionality, and I believe are able to
be compiled for windows (the original cdrecord can support dvd burning
underwindows but a licence is required).

Kind regards

Joel W

attached mail follows:

>> I am looking for a free, preferably open source CD Burner for Windows.
>> Can anyone help?
>cdrecord is free and open source, and runs on Windows.
Cheers for that :-)

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so!" -- Douglas Adams

Surface Inspection Ltd