Subject: Re: Blind user needs Help! weird problems!

Re: Blind user needs Help! weird problems!

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 18:02:43 +0100

Hi Sarah and Rocker,

it's not that bad. For windows xp, try this: go to My Computer, right
click on the jukebox drive, select Properties, click on the Hardware tab,
click on the jukebox drive again, click the policies tab.
In this tab, windows lets you choose one out of two options.
The first one is optimize for quick removal, when you select this one you
can remove the device without clicking safely remove hardware (it
explicitly says so).
The second one is optimize for performance, when you select this one you
always have to click safely remove hardware.
Of course it's bad to remove a hard disk while windows is writing to it,
but when it's quiet it doesn't do damage.
About shutting the jukebox off before removing it: my computer crashed
first time I did that, so I can't recommend it.

Hope that helps,
Ronald

P.S. Sorry, rocker, you typed such a long story and now I had to spoil
it...