Subject: Re: Help with Recorder 20..

Re: Help with Recorder 20..

From: Christian Mahr <>
Date: 2005-03-06

Hi Kyle,

I´d recommend 2 steps:

1. try again with a freshly externally charged battery (NiMH cells) set. This
sometime does wonders.

2. try to look for loose connections of battery connector. On mine, I had to
resolder the battery connections as described on rockbox homepage.

3. If you already dismounted the recorder, try to connect the disk to your
"normal" PC by means of a 2,5" -to-3.5" adapter, f.e. to the 2nd IDE
        3.1 you should be able to find the drive in the BIOS. If not --> sounds bad
        3.2 The PC (windows?) when booted, should recognize the drive as well...
        I this does not work, the drive is probably broken....