Subject: Attn: Audioscrobbler Users

Attn: Audioscrobbler Users

From: Matt Lichtenberg <kerobaros_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 21:01:09 -0600

I've just created a group on AS for us Rockbox users and developers.

If any of you are interested, the group is hiding at
<http://www.audioscrobbler.com/group/Rockbox%2BUsers>.

For those less familiar, Audioscrobbler is a service that involves the
following:
1. Download a plugin for your chosen media player (foobar2000, Winamp,
iTunes, AmaroK, XMMS/Beep, etc.)
2. Said plugin will monitor what you listen to, and, assuming you've
created a free AS account, will send artist and title information to
Audioscrobbler's server, creating a musical history of sorts for you.
Notice that, for those concerned about privacy, the plugins send the
same information whether you're listening to an mp3, an actual CD, or
any other tagged source, so they only know what you're listening to,
not how you're listening to it.
3. Your page on AS (www.audioscrobbler.com/user/<insert username
here>) will list what you've listened to recently.

There are all kinds of other cool functions, but if you're interested,
you can read about it at the homepage <www.audioscrobbler.com>
instead.

Have fun, and I hope to not be the only one in the group soon.

-Matt