Subject: Re: Attn: Audioscrobbler Users

Re: Attn: Audioscrobbler Users

From: Noah Smith <midblue_at_carolina.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 00:58:32 -0500

"Peter van Hardenberg" <pvh_at_uvic.ca> wrote in message

> Audioscrobbler is wonderfully awesome.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've been using AS for over a year now,
and it's always on my list of "sites that I obsessively check repeatedly
each day."

> I'd love a plugin for Rockbox which would give me the ability to upload
> my listening stats to Audioscrobbler. I always feel like I'm "wasting
> listens" when I don't get my stats tracked. My friends check my profile
> for music tips (as I check theirs) and I don't have to worry about
> rescuing the data when I reformat.

I've thought about that as well. It seems doable, now if I only knew how to
code anything. I also completely identify with the "wasting listens"
feeling. The stuff I play in the car should count. =(

> As with Matt, I am not in any way affiliated with AS, though I am taking
> a class with a Music Information Retrieval expert who speaks fondly of
> their character.
>
> All the best,
> Peter van Hardenberg

Indeed. The AS/Last.FM crew is top notch. Out of the sites that do some of
the same things, they are the only ones who actually seem to care about what
they're doing and the people using the system.

Noah Smith
-- Incidentally, I think I'll start a Rockbox group on Audioscrobbler.