Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Follow-on AJRv1 battery charge patch
Follow-on AJRv1 battery charge patch
I've started a new patch with more AJRv1 battery recharging cleanup.
Continuing to build on the last recharging patch [ 1116884 ] "More
aggressive Recorder V1 charging."
This patch does more consoladation and rearranging to meet my asthetic
expectations. I'm running out of deck chairs to rearrange, however.
Also fixed is a bug introduced in the [ 1116884] patch where I
inadvertantly bypassed the "top-off" stage in the recharge cycle, going
from full charge to trickle. Ooops, too much code reorganization.
I removed the battery percentage limitations of -1% per minute (-3% per
minute for USB). I don't know if this is an acceptable removal or not --
I don't notice that the battery percentage bounces around significantly,
but I don't watch it that closely either. My presumption is that the
better battery voltage filtering of the [ 116884 ] patch makes the
additional rate limiting unnecessary.
I did some minor improvements to the debug log file flushing: if the
disk is active and there is stuff to flush, I call fsync(). Otherwise, I
only call fsync() every 10 minutes. This is intended to minimize
extraneous disk accesses. I also fixed an error on shutdown (fd > 0) vs
(fd >= 0) which could have been the cause of some of the empty log files.
Received on Wed Mar 9 16:26:47 2005
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew