Subject: AW: AW: AJR v1 battery recharging patch

AW: AW: AJR v1 battery recharging patch

From: Matthias Klumpp <Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2005-03-10

Hi Jerry,

# -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
# Von: rockbox-bounces@cool.haxx.se
# [mailto:rockbox-bounces@cool.haxx.se]Im Auftrag von Jerry Van Baren
# Gesendet: Mittwoch, 9. März 2005 16:47
# An: Rockbox development
# Betreff: Re: AW: AJR v1 battery recharging patch
#
# The original patch "More aggressive Recorder V1 charging"
# [1116884] is in CVS and thus is in the daily builds.
#
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1116884&group_id=4
4306&atid=439120>
#
# Note that my "top-off" bug is unfortunate and embarrassing, but it
# should not significantly impact recharging since the bulk of the
# recharging is at the full-tilt rate and the "trickle" mode will top off
# the battery too, just at a slightly lower rate.

No problem.
I guess you'll fix it (one day ;-)))

# Matthais: For your purposes (9v charger), the daily build should work
# well. If you haven't tried it yet, please do when you get a chance and
# verify that it works as advertised.

I didn't know, that the patch is already available in the daily builds.
I did a test during yesterday night (with the build dated 09.03.2005).
I flashed the SW and ran it during the night.
It was working perfectly for ~10h, then I (remind _I_ - not the SW ;-)))
switched it off again.

Beside some improvements you mentioned, it seems to be fine.
Displayed remaining battery time in the morning was ~10h.

Many thanks & regards

Matthias