Subject: Re: USB2 Speed

Re: USB2 Speed

From: <joerch.net_at_web.de>
Date: 2005-03-15

>I changed the name of my backup file internal_rom_2000000-203FFFF.bin
>to firmware_rec_norom.bin and ran firmware_flash.rock,
>I then ran archos_rec128.ucl but that never appeared to do anything,
>and I have tried what you suggested with the F3+on, but am not sure
>exactly what I should be looking for Sorry! but when I do what you
>suggest while booting I get on the screen "Archos Juckbox recorder"
>and at the bottom of the screen I get "OS Version 1.28" then it
>changes to "OS Version 1.27d" and then it boots up into the Archos OS.

>Is this the way it should

If you reflashed to the original archos firmware (as it seems) all should be OK. You have the archos 1.28 in ROM and ajbrec.ajz with 1.27d on disk, which are identical. for faster boot you can delete the ajbrek.ajz on disk. The F3-test shows you:

switch on with F3+on: green LED is on and nothing happens -> rockbox loader is in rom
switch on with F3+on: archos boots -> original archos firmware in rom

Normally you cannot execute an .ucl without prepared the flash rom for rockbox before. Thats the reason why nothing happens when you play the .ucl.

Joerch