Subject: Re: Looking for a mic pre-amp in UK

Re: Looking for a mic pre-amp in UK

From: BlueChip <>
Date: 2005-03-16

>Can anyone suggest a mic pre-amp available in the UK, preferably
>online? I'm a bit reluctant to have my mother paying Archos or Sony
>prices for a pre-amp to use with her Ondio (it arrived just this week,
>I'm so glad I got her to ditch that crazy idea of getting an MD to use
>with the kids at school) if any others are available cheaper.
>Many thanks

If you have any idea at all how to use a soldering iron, you can make one
simply enough by hacking apart some old dead tape recorder - then you can
put it in a pen and tuck it in your top pocket ;)

Otherwise, there's a fair selection here:

Shame Tandy's is gone* :( ...but maybe you are lucky enough to live near a

*Rat Shack's name in the UK, but it died about 10 years ago - shame, their
PZM mic technology was/is damn good.