Subject: [MOD] HD spinning indication

[MOD] HD spinning indication

From: Joris van den Heuvel <>
Date: 2005-03-16

I made a small mod to my JBR V1. I exchanged the power led for a bicolour one, and hooked the red side up to the ATA power. This way, I can tell if the disk is getting power. Pretty useless in itself, but so is IDCdragon's white led mod (which I'm going to do soon, as soon as I get my white 1206 leds).

Power to the uselessness!

A picture can be found here:

The "big" led is a bicolour led, and the wire is attached to the ATA power (switched by the upper SO8 ic) via an added 1k47 0805 resistor.

I did yet another mod: not shown in the picture is a wire and a 100E resistor from the kathodes of the backlight leds to ground, so the backlight will always be on at a very low level. Just enough to read the display in the dark, and not eating much juice from the batteries. Backlight is turned off in Rockbox.